my dear friend, natalie, of circus & bloom nominated me for the liebster award. the way it works is as follows: you must thank/link the person who nominated you, answer 11 questions, nominate some bloggers with less than 200 followers, create 11 new questions, and notify your nominees. wee!
1. If you had to choose three words to describe yourself, what would they be?
listener, loving, nurturing
2. if you could go out to dinner with anyone (alive or deceased), who would it be and why?
this is probably the trickiest question out of the bunch for me…i think i would like to have dinner with loris malaguzzi, the founder of the reggio emilia way of teaching. there are also plenty of people who are alive today that i would love to share a meal with…including inspiring bloggers and instagramers.
3. do you have a quick, go-to dinner recipe? if so, what is it?
yes! my homemade peanut sauce with chicken over rice & spinach. so easy and delicious.
4. what’s the most used item or appliance in your kitchen?
i would have to say our le creuset pots.
5. what’s your favorite color and how is it a reflection of who you are?
my favorite colors are green & yellow, just like a sunflower. i feel that sunflowers exemplify my spirit.
6. what’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
snuggling up beside the fire with a blanket, my kittens & husband and watching our current show.
7. what’s your favorite scent?
amber, lavender & bergamot
8. when you’re stressed out, how do you cope?
crying, hugging it out & taking hot yoga classes
9. what’s one piece of advice you’d give to yourself in middle school?
oh goodness, middle school me…so much more of your life lays ahead, stay true to your heart & remember: “it’s okay.”
10. what’s your earliest memory?
i remember my kindergarten classroom layout, teacher & the playground.
11. how do you see yourself at 60?
at 60, i hope i have a couple acres to look out on from a porch, with a few sheep & goats grazing, a good set of farm dogs & cats, and a flock of ducks & chickens. i hope my pantry is stocked with my canned goods, dehydrated fruit, veggies, meat & herbs. i see my grandchildren running freely around our property…and oh the dreams continue.
my 11 questions:
1. what is your favorite season and why?
2. if you had to describe yourself in a color, what would it be?
3. where is your favorite place to read/write?
4. do you have a daily routine you can’t live without?
5. which member of your family has had the most influence on you? please explain.
6. what is a goal you are really proud of accomplishing?
7. do you have any pets?
8. what is your favorite meal to prepare?
9. how do you like your coffee?
10. where do you go to seek advice?
11. what is your favorite book and why?
i would like to nominate anyone who wants to participate! thank you!