all the thanks for this recipes goes to my best friend, janessa, for introducing me to this raw banana cream pie!!! ever since she gave me a bite of this sweet deliciousness, i haven’t stopped dreaming of it. finally, this week i made my own! it is a simple recipe, but you will need a food processor/blender. if you don’t have one of these appliances, find a friend who does and make some pie together (i’d recommend one each, because you’ll want to take it home with you :))
damn good banana cream pie from rawtarian
1 cup cashews
1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup dates
1/4 teaspoon salt (i like a little less)
2 medium bananas
3/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup raw, local honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
you have some wiggle room to play around with additions to the crust and filling. janessa likes adding about 1/4 cup flax seed to the crust and probiotic powder to the filling (read the appropriate serving size on the bottle). i added a dash of cinnamon and 1/8-1/4 cup pre-soaked chia seeds to the filling, but don’t add too much chia or it will change the texture.
directions from rawtarian:
- Place all crust ingredients in the food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Dump crust mixture into your glass dish. Press the crust down firmly in your dish with your hands. (Crust is now done.)
- Add all banana filling ingredients to your blender (or food processor). Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour banana cream filling onto the crust. Smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Cover and throw in freezer. Ideally should be frozen overnight to firm up so that it can be sliced perfectly.
- This raw banana cream pie recipe should always be kept in the freezer. (It’ll get soggy if in the fridge.)
we recommend this pie for breakfast with coffee or tea, or at any point in the day! 🙂 i hope you try this recipe out, i promise it’s delicious!